The iUrban Teen scholarship application process is open and high school graduating seniors are welcome to apply. There are 12 scholarships for $2,000 each and 5 scholarships for $1,000 each. The application deadline is Friday, April 23, 2021 and scholarships winners will be announced by May 7, 2021.
Everything in our lives, including education, work and home life have been impacted by Covid 19. Students & adults have experienced less outdoor time and a significant increase in their screen time. This can lead to issues such as a decrease in energy used throughout the day and obtaining less natural Vitamin D. Both these things can cause mental “roadblocks” when studying or working and an inability to get a good night’s sleep.
Have you wanted to design and build a Mobile App? In every session we use Thunkable to design and build apps using a block based coding language. So far, students have built a list app, a pong game, a music player app, and a magic 8 ball simulation!
Internet Safety Tips for Online Learning with some resources for students and families.
1. Do not give out or include personal information in your email addresses or communications while in online learning environments. This includes your phone number and address.
Why YOU (if you’re a young writer, grades 6-12) should join our Writing Club:
* We’re not judgmental, and we don’t get grades.
* We have fun – it’s more of a discussion than a class.
* We learn and try new things in our writing.
* We support each other as writers.
* We all love writing – and we love reading and talking about writing.
* We really want more members/young writers!
At age 6, the architect Mariam Kamara moved with her family from Niamey, the capital of Niger, deep into the country’s vast Saharan interior, not far from the 15th-century city of Agadez, where the narrow streets of the historic center are lined with centuries-old houses built from rust-red adobe. During their five years in the desert, Kamara and her father, a mining engineer, traveled frequently into the nearby mountains, where they visited caves rich with neolithic paintings and polished stone, […]